Monday, April 6, 2009

The First of Another Blog

I've done this before. I've had pages of blogs and then just stopped. Then I sort of realized that something might be missing. Blogging is an interesting thing. I like to journal, and that's good when it's something really personal I guess, but in my own life, I find that I like to share. I enjoy letting other people know that I'm like everyone else. I struggle, I endure, I cry, I laugh. I figured maybe I could start blogging again. Who knows? It could be an interesting thing to try over the summer again. Give myself something to focus on. A HOBBY!! YEAH!!

I guess I'll give you a quick rundown. I'm a 30 (and proud by the way...30 rocks!) year old mom and wife. My husband Jeff works in Fort McMurray right now so I am also a stay at home mom of two little kids. Logan, who is 4, almost 5, and Olivia, who is 21 months. It's a hectic life with some incredible highs and massive deep lows. But it's my life. And I love it.

I'm originally from the Yukon. Whitehorse specifically. And I miss it sometimes. Alot. Then I go up there, spend two or three weeks and then I find I want to get to Edmonton faster than you can imagine! Whitehorse is my hometown, but it's not really my home anymore. I love to be there, it's a calming place for me. I want my children to experience growing up in the Yukon as well as in Edmonton. I'm hoping to give them a different perspective on life.

Otherwise, I'm a pretty typical woman. I am a wife, a mommy, a sister, a daughter, an aunt...whew. I'm alot of things. Sometimes too many things. But it's alright. I enjoy most of my positions in life! Especially being a mom. Outside of who I am to other people, I am a photographer. I have to say that now. I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER! And while there are millions of photographers out there, I think that I have a special something. I think that I see things a bit differently than others and I can capture it. I am an artist of sorts I guess. I don't think I'm a pretentious "I'm better than you" type artist though. I don't like those types. I like seeing what I photograph albeit my kids, nature, a peice of fruit that caught my eye. I enjoy photography for what it provides for me, which is a way to express what I find beauty in. I love sunsets, I love animals, I love kids, I love that piece of fruit that caught my eye! But I've been told that I'm too modest about it...that I should be doing it professionally...that I need to have more confidence in my talent. Maybe one day, when I have more time. When my kids are doing their own thing and I need a thing to do. For now, my kids are my focus and my main subjects!

So I guess that's the basics. I'll try to remember to do this more regularily now. I've always found blogging, journalling...whatever you want to call it, to be relatively cathartic. I find that even just putting my thoughts to whatever medium I have available to me can be very freeing, even if no one ever reads it. So if you enjoy it, great. If it makes you think, awesome. If it is something that you're going through and it's just nice to know you're not alone, marvellous. You don't have to like me, agree with me or my opinions and you're welcome to express yourself in an intelligent manner. I'm all for free open debate and speech. And I will probably blog about just about anything. If one thing has changed in my life above and beyond everything since having kids, it's the confidence that I have in myself and my opinion. What a weird statement. I'm confident in how I raise my kids, take care of my family, express my opinion verbally, but not in how I express myself artistically. I need to look into that a bit. Perhaps blogging really is what I need!

So yeah...more again soon!

Shevaun

No comments:

Post a Comment