Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Five Years Old

So. Tomorrow is my birthday. Sort of.

Tomorrow, it will be five years since I became a mommy. Five years since that 9 lb 15.2 oz 23 inch long baby boy named Logan came into my life and changed it forevermore. Nothing about me has ever been the same. It changed me so profoundly that I don't even feel like the same person I was five years ago. I'd bet that there are people out there who probably wouldn't know me from where I was that time ago. I've become more openminded, less naive, more patient, less willing to be used. I'm just a much happier person than I was. Motherhood is an amazing change. I often wonder if it's changed other women as profoundly as it did me. I KNOW it changes a woman...but I guess the degree is different for every woman.

And Logan. He's five. A five year old is an interesting creature. They still change almost daily in opinion, thought, language, likes, dislikes, loves, hates...nothing is the same! And as I say every single year...

I'm not ready to be the mom of a five year old!! Kindergarten! OMG! Amazing.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Tomorrow will be his day. To some degree, tomorrow will be my day too. I'm so happy for everything that has come my way in the past five years. I think that given where I am now, if you'd asked me "Where do you want to be in five years?" Or "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Right where I am now!

And that's good enough for now. Hope the next five years will be even better!

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! What a great perspective!
    I love the insight you've expressed about the connection you share with your son; his birthday is your Mother's Day! It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the sun shiney-yellow Logey-Badogey!!!!

    I can't believe the "babies" are 5 this year!!! I hope you guys enjoy the enormous cupcakes, McDonald's and play group today!

    ReplyDelete