Friday, April 17, 2009

An Update

Okay...so my day was tough. And it had some real downsides to it. I was feeling pretty dejected because frankly, I was being ignored all day long. The kids just didn't want to listen. Not my kids, not my friend's little guy who was here...<>

Then I see on Facebook that my babysitter isn't feeling well. NO NO NO!! I need this night out. I need it badly. So I tried her house number, no answer. I tried her cell, no answer. Well, maybe she will just come anyway...tough it out.

About five minutes later, she calls me. She sounds not great. Oh no. I really don't want to stay home tonight. I even managed to shower and dry my hair with THREE kids in the house. How do I stay home now? I've been DYING to go to Earls for a margarita night...I am alone for 21 days with my two kids. Who I love love love dearly...above and beyond all things on this earth.

But I need time to myself. A night with the girls. I need alcohol. I need to just chill.

I tell her that it's up to her. How does she feel? If she's not up to it, then it's best. But I'm going to let her make the decision. I know what I want. I want her to come over. My kids aren't hard. Olivia's in bed by 7, Logan, by 8. The rest of the night is the sitter's.

As I wait my two hours, I optimistcally do my makeup, fix my hair so I'm presentable and hope for the best, all the while knowing full well I'm screwed.

4 o'clock on the dot, the phone rings. I check the caller ID, it's my sitter. And the news isn't good. She just doesn't feel up to it. Fair enough. I'm not going to make her feel bad because I need a night out. I'm an adult, she's a 16 year old kid. That's too heavy for her. I'd rather she got better anyway, so that I can use her another night! :)

I call my friend Heather and say to her "What do you suggest?" Then it hits me. I have another sitter I can call. But she's really hard to get a hold of. Sometimes, the phone isn't answered, other times, she's busy, and then she's often not gotten the message.

I dial the number and it rings...once, twice...and SHE ANSWERS!! OMG!! I ask if it's really her because frankly, I can't believe my luck. Then I ask her if she's busy because let's face it, it seems far too good to be true...SHE IS! Holy crap! I ask her, "Do you want to babysit tonight? I'm in a real pickle!" She accepts the job...SWEET MERCY!!! Heather hears me because I didn't want to hang up...so I called my new sitter on my cell phone.

So I get to go out for margaritas, calamari and perhaps a burger. I've gotten dinner ordered, paid for and fed to the kids, and now I'm waiting to get my ride to Earls. I'm so very contented now.

I need this. It's fair. A night out once in a while is all I ask for. With adults...to NOT talk about Dora the Explorer and Transformers. I love my babies. I do...truly with all my heart and soul. But...I need adult interaction. I need dirty jokes and liquor. I need to be with my friends! :)

So good night and perhaps I'll blog about my glorious night out!

Shevaun

No comments:

Post a Comment